Are you ready for your next challenge? Here at Schiphol Airport, we have a great job opportunity as a Cargo Employee! Our client is looking for motivated and career-oriented individuals to work in a dynamic and international environment.
As a Cargo Employee, you are responsible for unloading air cargo and locate for freight forwarding to various countries around Europe. We have an agreed number of plates (pallets and boxes) to breakdown at the beginning of the shift. Each piece has an airway bill for identification. We breakdown each plate and ensure all loose boxes are stacked on pallets in layers, each layer containing the same number of boxes. This cargo must be counted and checked for correct quantities. Frequent lifting and carrying of freight are required. All necessary training and materials for this position are provided.
What are you going to do?
· Breaking down cargo, Offload inbound freight.
· Stacking boxes on to pallets by Airway bill number;
· Ensuring Airway bill numbers are not mixed;
· Stacking the boxes with no overhang on pallets;
· Completing pallets to be wrapped and ready for location by Forklift;
· Keeping clean and free the work area from trip Hazards.
What do you need?
· Clean criminal record;
· Live in an EU country for the last 8 years*;
· Valid EU ID/work permit for the Netherlands;
· Ability to work rotating shifts;
· Able to lift and carry boxes and other items weighing up to 20 - 25 kg;
· Must enjoy working a physical job and have an interest in the logistics industry;
· Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines;
· Strong team player that thrives in a fast-paced environment;
· Good English communication skills (Dutch is a big plus!);
· Have experience in logistics (warehouse and forklift experience is a plus!).
*In order to work at the airport must undergo a VGB security screen.
What do we offer?
· A start salary of 10.95 per hour;
· + 8% holiday allowance;
· + Irregularity allowances (up to 150 - 200%);
· Great opportunity to work in an international environment;
· Training and development programs to take your career to the next level;
· A friendly atmosphere where hard work and fun go together;
· A free workout every day!
Who we are?
Labourlink is a reliable staffing agency established in 2006. With a unique service making the right connections, our organization is committed to the best match between employee and employer with excellent attention to both parties. No is not an option for us and we are passionate about taking on challenges! How we do it? Putting in practice our values. We acknowledge that everything we do is always bound to real people with real questions and needs. We keep our agreements; a promise is a promise! We are always looking to exceed and constantly evaluate our methods to guarantee we improve constantly. We make sure that there is no risk involved for you. For more information about our vacancies visit our career website: workinholland.com.
Are you our next Cargo Employee?
Apply directly by sending a recent CV and motivation letter to email@example.com. Do you have questions regarding the role? Call us or send a WhatsApp to +31 (0)6 21486967.